You are not obligated to use social media to be social all the time. Read on to learn how you can become invisible on Facebook whenever you need.
What To Do
- Go to Facebook web: Select the Messenger icon > Three dots for Options > Turn Off the Active Status. Choose a visibility level and press Okay.
- In the Facebook Android or IOS app: Go to Menu > Settings & Privacy > Settings > Active Status and toggle off the option Show when you’re active.
Also Read: How to Untag Yourself or Someone on Facebook
How to appear Invisible on Facebook using your PC
When using Facebook or Messenger, your friends may often notice that you’re online and think it’s the right time to message you. Here’s what to do if you prefer privacy over these people.
- Navigate to the Facebook web and select the Messenger icon.
- Select the three dots for Options.
- Select Active Status & Turn off, as your preferred selections will be off.
- Choose to ‘Turn off the active status for all contacts‘ if you don’t want to be bothered by your friends.
- Select ‘Turn off the active status for all contacts except’ if you don’t want to be bothered by most people but want to show specific ones (you can select friends who can see your online status by clicking the Edit button and adding people).
- Hit Save when you’ve made your selection. Your active status remains off until you turn it on.
If done correctly, your friends won’t see when you’ll be online, and you can calmly reply to them without any dispute.